I am extremely late on this post but I still wanted to take a shot at it. Today on Ten Top Tuesday, always hosted by the wonderful blogger Broke and Bookish, had this wonderful theme of Tuesday being . .
“October 18th: Ten Characters I’d Name a Child/Dog/Cat/Car/Etc.”
I found this to be really ironic since I have already started naming my Child/Dog names referred from a book.
2. The second name that I would name my child has, and is, already in session, currently being used by my dog Alcide. I found my dog Alcide on Craiglist. When I drove the 9 hours to pick him up he was chained to a electric post which was of course frustrating since it was to damn hot for anyone especially a Siberian Husky to be chained outside. I honestly was scared of the dog but my husband being who he is went straight towards the dog and pet the overheated dog. I tried many different names even attempting to do a play on name trying to get the dog to accent the name Talbot making my husband Larry and the dog Talbot, thus becoming Larry Talbot the original name of the Wolfman. Of course they both denied my playful name. Then I though about True Blood and my love for Joe Manganiello, thus Alcide was named after the character from The Southern Vampire Mysteries from Charlaine Harris book character.
3. If I ever were to have a son I would name him James Alexander Malcolm Mackenzie Fraser (Covington) because dear god I love Outlander so much.
4. If my family does shoot down the clearly taken away name of Jamie Fraiser I would then name my sound Dougal, because I really just love that name Dougal! Seriously name the name Dougal! Douglas Dougal! Dougal! I love it!
5. Next name that I want to name my non existent child is Khalid because that name is awesome. I went through an entire history of the Arabic langue and what the name Khalid actually means. I really wanted to name my future son Khalid from Renee Ahdieh’s debuting novel “The Wrath and the Dawn”.
6.Levi. Levi. Levi. Levi.
if you have to ask me where is Levi from then you clearly have not read my blog and my obsession with Rainbow Rowell characters from Fangirl. I love Levi, from Fangirl. Levi Stewart Covington that would be my sons name cause I am a fangirl for Rainbow Rowell.
7. Rhysand. Rhysand from Sarah J. Maas trilogy A Court of Thorns and Roses. but I really feel in love with Rhysnad, ( and so did the rest of the world) when they read the sequel to the series by reading A Court of Mist and Fury.
8. I want a Irish Wolfhound, I need Irish Wolfhound and I want to name it Claremont after the French vampire from Debrah Harkness Mathew Clairmont.
9. Lia, this if ironic because I actually renamed myself Lia from reading Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson. After struggling with depression after giving birth to our daughter I just didn’t feel like the same Cecilia nor CeeCee. I feel in love with Lia, any princess that would willing stand up her future husband in order to showcase that she was just not the property of a kingdom was exactly the type of strength I wanted within myself, this I renamed myself Lia.
10. Kaz from the Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. Honestly I really love this woman way of writing male characters. She is just amazing and I would be honored to name anything especially a baby boy after this amazing character.
On that note I wanted to say that did actually name a group of mint plants after the boys from Maggie Stiefvaters Raven Boy Cycle, needless to say all of the plants died because I am honestly not a gardener!
Happy Reading Yall!